Deco M4 V2 firmware 1.6.0

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M4 V2 firmware 1.6.0

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
25 Reply
Re:Deco M4 V2 firmware 1.6.0
2023-10-13 23:36:10

@JaapHoutman I would only think they ain't t that bothered to update it. Its crazy that these m4s are the hottest sellers and they can't even be bothered to update it like the others. I'm in 2 minds to sell this kit and look elsewhere.

Options
2023-10-30 23:26:04

@David-TP 

Well, given the awful weekend the latest available firmware caused after i upgraded the house decos (deco m4 eu v2 1.5.8 build 20230619) last Friday, i will hold off on 1.6...

- the main deco was consistantly deciding that internet wasn't available while any other devices connected the same way worked perfectly (as it did before i was foolish enough to press "upgrade"}

- i think there is nothing i did not try. Swap cables, redo the whole internet routing, check dhcp server, dns, swap Ethernet cables... I tried everything) 

I have tried skimming the log file, but found no obvious error... one thing maybe : when it does that, no device connected on the lan (ethernet, then) can reach the main deco. It even disappears from the ARP table (!!) The only way to reach it is by using the "internet-less" deco network and access the admin UI

So on last resort, i tried rollinc back to the previous firmware version, and all of a sudden, everything worked perfectly as it has been for 2 years since i bought your devices !

Please ! Keep the firmware archive up & running, i was so happy and fortunate to be able to rollback...

Thanks in advance

Options
2023-12-27 16:44:41

@David-TP 

David-TP wrote

@JaapHoutman 

Hi, Deco M4 v2 is planned to release the same firmware as well. So far it's being slowly rolled out.

If you could purchase it from a local store, the hardware version is marked on the label, such as:

And some features of 1.6.x follow the main Deco which means it does not require all the Mesh nodes have updated to 1.6.x. So may I know which feature on the 1.6.x platform is necessary, maybe a single Deco M5/M9 plus/Deco X50 could be helpful.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

7 month since your comment and the 1.6.0 firmware for M4 v2 has still not rolled out :((( 

Options
Re:Deco M4 V2 firmware 1.6.0-Solution
2024-01-17 16:47:57 - last edited 2024-01-18 19:18:19

Good news, there's a firmware 1.7.0 beta test available for the v2 version of the M4, with among others support for customizing satellite Deco signal source and client connection preferences! So it is possible that version 1.6 will be skipped altogether.

See also the discussion here. I've installed it today and so far itworks pretty well.

Edit: Unfortunately my WiFi network is much less stable after the update. I described my problems on the page announcing the beta release.

Recommended Solution
Options
2024-01-18 17:09:28
Once I updated to the beta version, can I update ota whenever the official ver would be released?
Options
Related Articles