TP Link Deco XE75 vs TP Link AXE 75 - How do they compare 1:1

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-03 06:03:02
Tags: #comparison
Model: Archer AXE75  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Has anyone compared the range of a single piece Mesh Router like possibly a TP Link Deco XE75 with a normal Router such as TP Link AXE 75? Would they be comparable?

Was thinking to pick up the AXE 75 and saw this Deco which obviously looks more decorative. Is there a trade off because the AXE75 (Spaceship Model) does seem to have so many antennas protruding out (6 Antennas vs only 4 on the Deco Model)  - so would that mean much better range? If so what percentage? 

Don't intend to buy a pair to make a mesh - this is a 1 piece to 1 piece comparison that I am seeking - please help!

Options
2 Reply
Re:TP Link Deco XE75 vs TP Link AXE 75 - How do they compare 1:1
2023-05-04 00:43:53 - last edited 2023-05-04 00:46:14

@vikram404 

There's no point of using 1-pack deco XE75 over AXE75, if you don't need a mesh network.

With the AXE75 you'll have more granular control over the wireless bands, channels and other features.

Deco is configured mainly from the Deco app, while the wireless routers can be configured from Tether app or their WebGUI.

Most probably AXE75 will give you more bandwidth and range since it has more antennas and the XE75 uses its 6GHZ band (a whole or part of it) for a wireless backhaul.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Re:TP Link Deco XE75 vs TP Link AXE 75 - How do they compare 1:1
2023-07-24 01:54:34

@vikram404 I have the AXE75/AXE5400 and had the XE75. The one that looks like a beer can has a dismal browser UI and no way to change the Wifi channel manually. It will only change the wifi channel if it's "network survey" determines in needs to and it doesn't give you a choice of what channel to pick.It also doesn't detect what channels other (non-TPLink) routers are on so it will drop you on a busy channel with no way to fix it.

The AXE5400 is a solid full featured router with a great browser UI. The only drawback I have found is it won't let me choose 80Mhz or 160 Mhz only. It will let me choose AX only, I don't have multiple Wifi 6e devices (PC Only) so my testing on 6 Ghz is limited. It connects, stays connected and maintains great connectivity and speed on 6 Ghz. Hope that's helpful.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3887

Replies: 2

Tags

comparison
Related Articles