MR600v2 - LAN port isolation

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-08 19:03:55
Model: Archer MR600  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.7.0_0.9.1

Is it possible to isolate connected device on LAN port? So that the connected device can not see other devices connected to the router (wired/wireless); it can only use internet.

So that it can be disconnected at any time by detaching the ethernet cable.
This is for my work laptop & Guest wifi nework is not my option.

Can it be implemented in future firmware update?
Or can it be done using condtion pool?
Or any other way to provide internet only to a specific MAC/IP?

Options
4 Reply
Re:MR600v2 - LAN port isolation
2023-05-09 05:45:53

@xt7 

Hi, currently the MR600 doesn't support LAN port isolation, may I know why you need such features? 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-05-09 06:14:39

@Sunshine 

So that the connected device can not see other devices connected to the router (wired/wireless); it can only use internet.

Options
2023-05-10 01:57:55

@xt7 

Hi, I mean why you don't want the specific LAN device to access the other devices in the same LAN since they are all your own devices?

Understanding the usage scenarios will help us better evaluate the necessity of new features.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-05-10 08:34:19

@Sunshine 

For work laptop, which is issued by employer, whose applications are installed & controlled by employer.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 471

Replies: 4

Related Articles