[Not Solved] Modem Keep restart itself after turn on adsl light

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-14 20:50:43 - last edited a week ago
Tags: #Set up Modem
Model: TD-W8961N  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 3.1.0 Build 210205 Rel.03549

A few days ago, the servers of the internet provider (hiweb - PPPoA) had a problem and my internet was down for 2 days. After this problem is solved, the modem restarts after the adsl light is turned on.

I have been having this problem for a week now, but the internet and telecommunication providers say that the problem is not ours and that the modem is broken. On the other hand, I went to the seller of the modem and after checking, he said that the problem is not with the modem And another person has exactly the same problem with the same model of modem and net.

I checked all the connections (network cable, telephone cable, adapter) but I still have a problem, after using another modem, everything was fixed.

I'm really confused now, I've only used my modem for 6 months and I encountered such a problem, just tell me what to do now. (Or maybe you also want to say that the problem is not with the modem and...)

After the factory reset, the modem problem is solved, but immediately after turning it off and on again, the problem returns
I even reinstalled the firmware, but it didn't make any difference : |

I have checked the adsl model and type
In the end, I was able to connect to the Internet with the bridge method, but what's the point of connecting only one computer

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Modem Keep restart itself after turn on adsl light-Solution
2023-05-18 17:05:03 - last edited 2023-05-18 17:05:17

Hahahahaha, the modem's IC broke after 6 months. Very great! angry

God d*mn you with this garbage

Even the IC is not known whether it will be fixed or not. I will never make the same mistake again.

This is the first modem and the last modem I bought from you mfs 

Recommended Solution
Options
5 Reply
Re:Modem Keep restart itself after turn on adsl light
2023-05-15 09:20:15

@KingApps 

Hi, do you mean the modem stays powered on now with bridge mode and ADSL light stays solid on as well, but every time when you change it to ADSL modem router mode, the modem will reboot itself when ADSL light turns on?

May I know if it reboots itself once, then it will work, or it is in a boot loop thus not working at all?

Besides, when the problem happens, if you unplug the ADSL cable, will the modem stay powered on? then if you plug the ADSL cable back in, it reboots itself at once or after the ADSL light turns solid on?

Could it be reproduced stably?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-05-15 12:54:52

@Sunshine Yes, the modem works in bridge mode with the Adsl light on. But in pppoe mode, immediately after the adsl light turns on, the modem gets stuck in the boot loop And it doesn't work properly anymore, but immediately after disconnecting the ADSL cable, the modem works normally

In the end, as I said, it works properly with a factory reset, but after turning it off and on again...

Options
2023-05-16 02:39:47

@KingApps 

Hi,

We have reported the issue to the support engineers, they will likely reach out to you via email to continue to troubleshoot your issue. Please check your email box and confirm.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Modem Keep restart itself after turn on adsl light-Solution
2023-05-18 17:05:03 - last edited 2023-05-18 17:05:17

Hahahahaha, the modem's IC broke after 6 months. Very great! angry

God d*mn you with this garbage

Even the IC is not known whether it will be fixed or not. I will never make the same mistake again.

This is the first modem and the last modem I bought from you mfs 

Recommended Solution
Options
2023-05-19 02:17:00

@KingApps 

Hi, it is recommended to contact the retailer where you bought it to check the warranty and get it replaced to see if everything works fine.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 703

Replies: 5

Tags

Set up Modem
Related Articles