Guestnetwork access to main DSL Router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-29 07:58:58
Model: Archer C50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: v1 00000002

Hello Comunity. 

Main DSL Router : Speedport Smart 4 

Secondary Router : TP Link Archer C50 

i configurated a Guestnetwork on TP_Link Router with DHCP/ Bandwidth control and disabled access to local network. Internet is connected on WAN port

Network Speedport: 192.168.2.xx

Network TP Link 192.168.4.xx

Actually the Guestnetwork  working fine and i can set the bandwidth and also there is no acces to configurationpage of that TP Link Router 

But i can reach the configuration page and Localnetwork of my Main Router the Speedport. 

What settings are missing ? Can anyone help me out ? 

Its connected on WAN there should not be an access or I'm wrong ? 

Thank you ! 

kind regards 

Philipp 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Guestnetwork access to main DSL Router
2023-05-29 21:24:58

@Phill_IV 

Hi,

From the Archer C50's point of view the network 192.168.2.xx is not considered a "local" network.

192.168.2.xx is the local network of the Speedport router and the Archer C50 (in "Router mode" and connected via its WAN port) is a client device on that network, just like any other client device that you connect to the Speedport router's 192.168.2.xx network.

And the Speedport router will not be able to know what kind of client devices are connected to the Archer C50's 192.168.4.xx network. 

What you could do is to look for options on the Speedport router that allow you to restrict the Archer C50 from accessing the Speedports configuration page and from accessing other clients on the Speedport router's local network.
Whether such options exist on the Speedport router, I have no idea.

Options