Archer AX3000 Wont Connect to Internet Through TP-Link TL-SG105 Switch

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-05-30 01:10:39
Model: Archer AX3000  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Been using router for 6 months or so, plugged into my RT68U Asus router by Ethernet.  Works fine until I bought this simple TP-Link switch.  Now with Arris cable modem hooked up to switch and out to both routers, the Asus works fine but the AX3000 will not connect no matter what I try.  However all I have to do is remove the cable from the switch and plug it back into the Asus Ethernet out and it comes right back up almost instantly. -SMH

I've tried different cables, ports, power cycling all devices together and anything I can think of.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer AX3000 Wont Connect to Internet Through TP-Link TL-SG105 Switch
2023-05-31 00:08:06 - last edited 2023-05-31 00:08:56

@mrpickem 

Beware that if your Arris modem is set to bridge mode then only one of the two routers Asus or TP-Link will be able to receive a valid IP address and have an internet access.

I am pretty sure that if you plug the TL-SG105 switch after the Asus router, then AX3000 to the  TL-SG105 switch, you'll have internet access on the TP-Link router.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 425

Replies: 1

Related Articles