TP link device keeps power cycling

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-06-10 00:22:54

My TP-Link wifi extender model RE-305 continuously goes from solid light, to flashing light, to off, and finally resets to all lights, then solid light. It keeps going through this cycle continuously and will not show up in my network to connect. Internet is working on all other devices. Reset button on RE305 seems to do nothing and WPS button on top seems to do nothing. The last thing I did wasa firmware update. 

Options
1 Reply
Re:TP link device keeps power cycling
2023-06-12 08:23:51

@ChosenLegacy666 

Hi, it seems to be the firmware update bricked the extender, do you still remember if there is any error message when you updated the firmware?

Or is there any power outage or disconnection during the firmware update?

In addition, do you still remember which firmware it was on and which firmware you were trying to update?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 508

Replies: 1

Related Articles