SMS & 5G Activated SIM is not working after upgrading latest stable firmware of MR600 v2

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

SMS & 5G Activated SIM is not working after upgrading latest stable firmware of MR600 v2

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-06-10 05:55:09 - last edited 2023-06-10 05:59:11
Tags: #Firmware Update #SMS #Not Working
Model: Archer MR600  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 210914 Rel.59719n

Hello! TP-Link India team.

Recently I upgraded to the latest stable firmware Archer MR600(EU)_V2_220826 from Archer MR600(EU)_V2_210208 manually since then SMS is not working. and 5G activated SIM (V! & Jio) is also not working on Archer MR600(EU)_V2_220826. I tried downgrading to the firmware version on which SMS was working fine. But, I am getting error 4503 (not accepted). But, I am able to downgrade to a version  Archer MR600(EU)_V2_210914 but still, it is not working.

You guys do something to find a solution for this. Router and Postpaid plan we're subscribed to becoming useless. I contacted Jio on this issue "5G SIM is not working on this router"  but, They didn't give me a proper reply. they said, "Everything is good from our end contact that device customer care only for this issue". However, you released beta firmware for MR600v2. but, I didn't upgrade to the beta firmware fearing that my router will become useless after this upgrade. As I expected many users are not able to access the internet/slow internet, and other network SIM cards are also not working then, so this router becomes a JioFi device. For that, we don't need to have a ₹9000 router. We can buy a JioFi at ₹2000.

File:
log.zipDownload
Options
1 Reply
Re:SMS & 5G Activated SIM is not working after upgrading latest stable firmware of MR600 v2
2023-06-12 09:44:35

@RameshGokamalla 

Hello, may I know which SIM card you would like to use in the router in the future? 5G VI SIM or 5G Jio SIM or any others?

1. for 5G VI SIM, please try to create a new APN profile and set PDP Type as IPv4 only to see if internet and SMS will work fine.

If there is any further issue, please insert 5G VI SIM, send us screenshots of Advanced->Status page, Advanced->Network->Internet page and also the whole system log file.

2. for 5G Jio SIM, IPv4 only will not work since the SIM card updated to 5G, it is because Jio uses a new technology, and the beta firmware has supported it but other SIM might not work, so if you are still not sure whether you will need to use other SIMs, please don't update the beta firmware for Jio 5G SIM yet.

By the way, for Jio SMS issue, we received similar feedback before and after further testing, we found that VoLTE is required to use Jio SMS, even smartphones cannot send or receive SMS with Jio SIM if VoLTE is disabled on the phone. However, VoLTE is not supported by MR600, that is why it doesn't work.

So please test your Jio SIM SMS function as well on your phone and make sure VoLTE is disabled on the phone.

You could also find related information on this thread: Can’t send and receive SMS on TP-Link 4G Routers with Jio SIM card

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 635

Replies: 1

Tags

Related Articles