Deco XE75 ethernet backhaul with TL-SG1024D switch red blinking led

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-06-19 21:41:20 - last edited 2023-06-19 22:26:14
Model: Deco XE75  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Just bought a new XE75 system and having trouble getting the ethernet backhaul working via a TP Link Unmanaged switch TL-SG1024D

The nodes are all connected to the main unit that is also the Router. The main unit is plugged into the switch and the nodes are plugged into the switch. Without the ethernet cable the nodes have the Green led light. But the moment I plug the ethernet cables in the light blinks Red.

I have a network that looks like the 2nd diagram as shown here in Q2.

https://www.tp-link.com/uk/support/faq/1794/

If I plug the ethernet cable directly from 1 node to another everything works fine. 

If I reset the node and power it on with the ethernet cable plugged into the child nodes from the switch the blue led keeps blinking. If I try and Add a Deco Unit then the app finds the reset Deco child node but then fails when trying to apply the settings.

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/98849 refers to the exact same problem but my nodes have the latest firmware but are refusing to using the ethernet backhaul via the TP Link unmanaged switch. 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco XE75 ethernet backhaul with TL-SG1024D switch red blinking led
2023-06-20 02:40:21

@broom 

Hi, welcome to the community.

If Deco could not build up Ethernet Backhaul via TL-SG1024D, can you get internet service from other wired laptops or clients when they are connected to the same switch?

At the same time, I would like to follow up on your case via email. Please check whether you have got an email from us.

Best regards.

Options
2023-06-20 06:09:10

@David-TP yes all the other wired clients on the switch are working fine.

It's only the Deco nodes, when plugg3d into the switch using an Ethernet cable start to flash red.

I need the Ethernet backhaul to work otherwise this product does not serve my needs. 

Options
2023-06-21 09:45:47

@broom Thanks for the update. the case has been forwarded to the engineers for further assistance. Please check the email for further suggestions.

Thank you very much.

best regards.

Options