Deco X50 - how to have more than 1 wired

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-06-30 15:07:56
Model: Deco X50  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I got a 3-node X50 set. I actually have my house networked through cabling to most rooms. I can put 2 of the decos next to access points and plug them in so they are hard-wired to the network and could get full-speed 1Gb each. However, when I set them up and connect 2 of them to cables and the other is wireless, the 2 nodes talk to the main node via wifi. This means I get half the speed I could if they used the wired network.

How do I get 2 of my Decos to use their wired network and the 3rd to talk wirelessly to the main node? Is it possible? Seems like it should be.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco X50 - how to have more than 1 wired
2023-06-30 15:09:36
To clarify 3 nodes 2 wired (including main of course) 1 wireless The non-main wired node ignores the fact it is wired and talks over wi-fi to main, halving the effective speed.
Options
2023-06-30 19:23:50

@Pete12121 

Check this document for suggestions how to properly wire Deco mesh units: General questions about Ethernet Backhaul feature on your Deco

Options
2023-09-16 11:23:07
Does not help. After searching over and over for information about which backhaul routers/switches support deco, it is very conflicted. One post says a particular switch does work with deco, the next says the same switch doesn't. Even many TP-Link switches have articles about how they don't work with Deco. How are you supposed to know which to buy? And why do we need backhaul at all - this is just customer unfriendly. This could have been handled in software to let nodes talk directly to the internet when on ethernet and then share information with each other over wifi.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 778

Replies: 3

Related Articles