Does DECO P9 (app) support a "lower PLC-to-VDSL" mode?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-01 09:30:09
Tags: #vdsl

For my home networking needs the perfect solution is a mesh network with powerline backhaul. I currently use a tplink powerline system, but there is no mesh support, so when I move between floors my phone has trouble to keep up. That's why I am planning to replace it and buy DECO P9 which combines powerline+mesh wifi.

Since, I already use a TP-LINK powerline (older model), I know for sure that powerline has interference issues with my VDSL. Those issues are resolved if I activate "lower PLC-to-VDSL" mode from tpPLC windows app (provided by TP-LINK). I don't see this app download option for DECO P9 product, so is it possible to enable this mode for DECO P9? If it is not, then DECO P9 is not an option for me, nor any other mesh product from TP LINK, because I know for sure that powerline cannot play well with VDSL unless this option is enabled.

There is no simulation available for DECO P9 android app to search for an option like this, so I hope someone could give me an answer, before I buy.

Thank you!

Options
2 Reply
Re:Does DECO P9 (app) support a "lower PLC-to-VDSL" mode?
2023-07-04 12:02:38

@gdp77 

Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback.

There hasn't been an option on Deco P9 to enable  "lower PLC-to-VDSL" Mode.

Except for Homeplug AV powerline, we also have Deco PX50 Whose powerline mesh is based on G.hn.

https://www.tp-link.com/en/home-networking/deco/deco-px50/

Best regards.

Options
Re:Does DECO P9 (app) support a "lower PLC-to-VDSL" mode?
2023-07-04 13:01:10

@David-TP 

What do you mean? G.hn won't have interference problems with my vdsl? Or you mean that PX50 has available the lower plc-to-vdsl mode?

Please clarify. Thank you!

Options