Significantly slower internet speed via Deco M4 against wired

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-04 08:06:37 - last edited 2023-07-05 08:37:08
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.5.6 Build 20221229 Rel. 72252

Hi!

I have some issues with my Deco M4 units. I have currently 2 units running, one directly wired to the modem, and the second is in an other part of the house.

My internet provider provides the internet with a maximum of 700 mbps download bandwidth (guaranteed: 300 mbps), but with the Deco the maximum speed is only 30-60mbps, by standing next to the unit.

I have already tried with 5GHZ and only 2.4GHZ mode as well, in the QoS section I have added my Macbook Pro as high priority device, already setup the maximum download/upload speed that my provider guarantees. We have tried several devices, but none of them were fine.

The main Deco is currently in Wi-Fi Router operation mode, because the internet provider has a modem with no WiFI in it. I have tried switch the operation mode to access point, but as expected there were no internet at all in this operation mode.

I have been used Deco in my previous location for years, without any issue, so I have no idea what seems to be the problem in my new apartment.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Erik

Options
2 Reply
Re:Significantly slower internet speed via Deco M4 against wired
2023-07-05 08:42:25

@ErikFarkas Hi, Thank you very much for the feedback.

In case the current main Deco has some failure, could you please refer to this link to change to a different Deco as the main Deco:

How to Set up the Satellite Deco or a new Deco to be the Main Deco

Please also replace the cable between the ISP modem and the main Deco with a new cat 6 cable.

By the way, do you have a wired laptop that could connect directly to the ISP modem to check the current internet speed from ISP directly?

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
Re:Significantly slower internet speed via Deco M4 against wired
2023-07-05 09:00:30

@David-TP Hi, thanks for the reply!

I have replaced the two Decos with each other, both in the application and physically as You suggested, following the instructions on the URL You have linked, but nothing has changed in terms of internet speed.

The cable between the Deco and the ISP modem is a brand new cat6 cable, bought few weeks ago.

When I directly connect to the ISP modem via wire, the download speed is 700-800 mbps according to the speedtest, against to the WiFi which is now currently 38mbps.

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 311

Replies: 2

Related Articles