Votes

Using custom DynDNS host provider for DDNS

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-10 15:48:03 - last edited 2023-07-11 08:36:04

Hi,

Is dyndns dot com the only DynDNS provider available for DDNS?

So there is only a paid solution? Because it is possible to use other DDNS providers using the same protocole but I don't know if it can be done using DDNS feature in Deco.

For example I have a server with ISPConfig and wish to use it as a DynDNS provider using DynDNS2 protocole.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Using custom DynDNS host provider for DDNS
2023-07-11 03:17:25 - last edited 2023-07-11 08:35:55

@Nardol 

Hi, Nice to see you again.

Currently, Deco only supports the built-in Dyndns service provider-dyn.com. It could not work with other DynDNS service providers yet.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
Re:Using custom DynDNS host provider for DDNS
2023-07-11 06:34:42 - last edited 2023-07-11 08:35:55

@David-TP Thanks for you fast reply.

So should I contact custommer support or what should I do to have the most chances to see it implemented some day?

Because in fact a lot of dynamic DNS services use the same protocole so the implementation would not be so different than what is already implemented.

As a first step I added the feature request tag to this topic but I am not sure of what it could really mean for TP-Link ;)

Options
RE:Using custom DynDNS host provider for DDNS
2023-07-19 23:03:21
i use google domain dyndns service. other routers do support custom settings - why not allow this with the deco series?
Options

Information

Helpful: 6

Views: 739

Replies: 3

Voters 4