AX10 latest firmware slow 5gz

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-14 10:24:26
Model: Archer AX10  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.8 Build 20230619 Rel. 61512

After updating to the latest easymesh firmware 5ghz wifi connects at 300mbps instead of 1200mbps even with AX devices.

Options
5 Reply
Re:AX10 latest firmware slow 5gz
2023-07-14 14:29:12

@sd452 and rebooting the router fixes the standard mess temporarily untill it sh!ts itself again 

And while ax ac does works speeds on it are less than before for me 

I am going to downgrade the firmware 

Options
2023-07-17 08:45:38

@sd452 

Hi, May I know if you have any EasyMesh extenders etc. and built the EasyMesh network?

If not, please make sure Smart Connect is disabled and set a different WiFi name for the 5GHz WiFi on Advanced->Wireless->Wireless Settings page, then make sure you are connected to the 5GHz WiFi near the router and check the wireless link speed.

For comparison, please also connect to a different 5GHz WiFi and check the wireless link speed again.

How to check the associated/link speed on a wireless client

If the problem still exists, please also try to change the 5GHz WiFi channel on the router to see if it makes any difference.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-07-17 08:47:36

@Redsun 

Hi, do you mean the 5GHz wireless link speed is only 300Mbps as well? 

When the 5GHz link speed is normal, please let us know the wired internet speed, 5G internet speed and also 5G link speed for comparison.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-07-17 09:08:01

@Sunshine 

I have already downgraded to previous version but from what i recall , 

All clients were showing wifi and 4xx mbps link speed of which 2 were wifi client and 3 were wifi 5 

On the router side i keep 2.4ghz disbaled and 5ghz on  a/n/ac/ax.

Turning off - on wifi on clients did not solve the problem, all clients still reconnected on 4xx link speed 

Rebooting the router however did solved it for a day

Wifi 6 clients showed 1200mbps and wifi 6 after ax10 rebooted.

Wired clients were unaffected.

Options
2023-07-17 09:10:14
Correction - All clients were showing (wifi 4 and 4xx mbps link speed) of which (2 were wifi 6 client) and (3 were wifi 5 client)
Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 1109

Replies: 5

Related Articles