Votes

Usage Monitoring and Restrictions

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Votes

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-16 10:07:20 - last edited 2023-07-19 11:59:29

I have an x75 DSL with 3x M5 mesh.

My house hold has guests staying over every now and then. And I notice my providers usage spikes a few hundred GB, however I can tell which devices are using most of the data.

My question is, will TP link ever implement a way to track data usage from devices based on the MAC address? Also, could there be a way to restrict a devices usages also base on the MAC address?

The TP Link router settings are super basic, and I cant seem to find any features like this. I only see Security reports and that's it.

Options
2 Reply
Re:Usage Monitoring and Restrictions
2023-07-19 11:59:08 - last edited 2023-07-19 11:59:22

@Jeff_JK 

Hi, Thanks for your time and patience.

Currently, it is only allowed to limit the bandwidth of the whole guest network. but still not available to limit the usage per device/MAC address.

How to set up a Guest Network for Deco

You could add devices separately into parental control profiles and set time limits.

Some advanced features are added gradually via firmware upgrades to different models. There is a brief introduction of the new feature which has been added to the latest firmware platform.

Deco App User Guide_REV3.1.0_FW1.7.0

Best regards.

Options
RE:Usage Monitoring and Restrictions
2023-11-08 07:42:25
Please add this feature to monitor data usage, thanks team!
Options

Information

Helpful: 5

Views: 298

Replies: 2

Voters 2