Main Deco loses connection with modem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-18 21:03:15
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.6.1 Build 20230403

I have this system existing of a total of 5 Deco M9 plus. 

The main Deco is wired directly to my cable modem. From the second port a Poe-switch is connected.

Two satellite Decos are connected to this Poe-switch. Two others are connected wirelessly.

Everything works fine for quite some time. But since a couple of weeks sometimes the main Deco fails to connect to the cable modem. The led is red then and no internet is passed through. 

I then have to reboot the main Deco in order to restore the internet connection. 

At the moment of disconnecting, the cable modem still has a stable internet connection. 

It happend multiple times already and I wonder if others experienced same issues and do possibly have an idea how to find out what happens or know how to solve. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:Main Deco loses connection with modem
2023-07-19 06:53:26 - last edited 2023-07-19 06:57:41

@Maestro_80 

Hi, Welcome to the community.

May I know your internet service provider and the model number of your cable modem?

Could you please help me check the following details when Deco M9 Plus turned red again?

1. Please save a picture of the IPV4 settings on the Deco APP>More>Internet connection, and you could compare the addresses here to see whether they are the same as what Deco got when it is working well.

2. How often would this issue repeat within one day?

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
Re:Main Deco loses connection with modem
2023-07-19 08:58:01

@David-TP my ISP is Ziggo.

Modem used is an Arris TG2492LG connect Box. And it is configured by the ISP to work in Bridge Mode. 

1. Done!

2. It happened three times last six weeks. So (luckily) not reoccurring multiple times a day. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 283

Replies: 2

Related Articles