Issue with Deco EX75 Pro Router Setup - No Internet Signal

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-24 05:53:59
Tags: #Router
Model: Deco XE75 Pro  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.2.2

Dear Customer Support,

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to seek assistance with a problem I encountered while setting up my Deco EX75 Pro as a router for my internet connection.

My internet service provider is Etisalat, and I attempted to configure the router using PPPoE as instructed in the user manual.

Here's a brief description of the issue and the troubleshooting steps I've already taken:

1. Problem Description:

After completing the setup process, there is no internet signal when I connect the Deco EX75 Pro to my modem as a router. However, when I set it up as an access point, it works perfectly fine, but I need it to function as a router to meet my network requirements.

2. Troubleshooting Steps Performed:

- I carefully followed the instructions in the user manual to set up the Deco EX75 Pro as a router using PPPoE.

- I entered the correct PPPoE username and password provided by Etisalat.

- I ensured that the Ethernet cable connecting the Deco router to the modem is securely plugged in.

- I attempted to restart both the modem and the Deco router to see if it would resolve the issue.

- I even tried using multiple Ethernet cables to rule out any cable-related problems.

- As a last resort, I reset the Deco router to its factory settings and attempted to set it up again as a router using the PPPoE configuration, but the issue persists.

Despite my efforts, I'm unable to establish an internet connection when the Deco EX75 Pro is set up as a router. As mentioned earlier, it works perfectly fine when used as an access point, which indicates that there might be a configuration issue specific to the router setup.

I would greatly appreciate any guidance or troubleshooting steps you can provide to resolve this matter and get the Deco EX75 Pro functioning as a router properly. If there are any additional details or diagnostics required, please let me know, and I'll be happy to provide them.

Thank you for your attention to this matter, and I look forward to your prompt assistance in resolving this issue.

Sincerely,
Ali

Options
1 Reply
Re:Issue with Deco EX75 Pro Router Setup - No Internet Signal
2023-07-27 09:43:11

@Ali_999 Hi, sorry for the delay.

When you set up Deco XE75 pro, do you still keep the original Etisalat modem/router?

I saw you mentioned the AP mode works so I think you might already have a router or your Etisalat modem might be a modem-router combo.

If you do keep the Etisalat modem/router, I think you don't need to use PPPOE connection, and you could try to set up Dynamic IP as the internet connection type.

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 486

Replies: 1

Tags

Router
Related Articles