Connecting TP Router to Starlink

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-07-26 05:28:18

Hi, can anyone let me know how to connect this router to my Starlink? I've logged on etc but it keep saying no internet...

Options
3 Reply
Re:Connecting TP Router to Starlink
2023-07-27 02:21:52

@Chris162 

Hi, please refer to this post to connect the router to your Starlink network: How to Connect and Set up a TP-Link Router (or Third-party Router) to Starlink Internet 

If there is any further issue, please provide more details about the network topology and configurations.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-08-03 09:48:09

@Chris162 

Sorry for jumping this thread, but I urgently need some assistance.

I have recently taken delivery of Starlink and have it set up and connected- absolutely fine.

I have a Deco Mesh System. I am using a Deco X50 in router mode, which is then hardwired by cat cables 13 (yes 13!) further Deco units (big property). This system has been fine with my current ISP provider and working well, although my current ISP has poor speeds in our rural location, hence the change to Starlink.

I have switched the Starlink to bypass mode- all good.

Following all the information I have seen, it should then be a question of disconnecting my current ISP Modem from the Deco X50 router and then connecting the starlink to the router. I have done this and I don't get any internet signal to the router from the Starlink- the router light remains stubbornly red....

I have swapped cables to check if that was an issue, but no resolution.

Please can anyone give me some advice on what the heck to do. I have great speeds booming in on the Starlink, but if I can't pass any connectivity to my Deco Mesh network, I am a literally dead in the water....

Options
2023-08-08 06:28:08

@GilesH 

Hi, are you using the Gen-2 Terminal (Rectangular Dish)? Please make sure the physical connections are correct by referring to this post: 

How to Connect and Set up a TP-Link Router (or Third-party Router) to Starlink Internet

Besides, what is the WAN connection type you've configured on the Deco router? you mentioned that you just disconnect the Deco router from your current ISP modem and then connect it to the Starlink network, if your Deco router was not using Dynamic IP, please do make sure you've changed the WAN connection type to Dynamic IP for Startlink network.

Then check if there is WAN/Internet IPv4 address obtained from the Starlink network. If not, please connect a computer directly to the Startlink network now with the same cable to see if internet works fine.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 637

Replies: 3

Related Articles