Android Automotive OS

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Android Automotive OS

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Android Automotive OS
Android Automotive OS
2023-07-27 19:38:30
Model: Deco X50 - PoE  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.3 build 20230529

Hello deco community

I'm experiencing issues with my connexion over android automotive OS, others devices works very well. 

I have a car Renault Megane with Android 10.

Sometimes I can see the device on the deco's app, appears/disappears, very often absent.

Connection seem to be always connected but the navigation is very poor, speed test as fast.com is briefly good (few seconds)

I have tested some configuration as guest network with only 2.4GHz and desactived advanced features as beamforming or fast roaming

Can you hellp me ?

Thanks

Options
2 Reply
Re:Android Automotive OS
2023-07-28 07:01:07

@jerph 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Is the smartphone connected to your car via USB cable or Bluetooth?

---If they are connected via Bluetooth, maybe you could test whether a USB connection provides better performance.

Have you checked whether Deco APP still randomly reported the smartphone connected/disconnected when it is not paired with the car?

Please also turn off "mesh technology" on the Deco APP for the smartphone.

By the way, please also help submit the Deco APP log here:

How to submit Deco APP log

Wait for your reply.

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

Options
Re:Android Automotive OS
2023-07-28 07:43:53

Hello @David-TP 

Thanks for your reply.

My car with Android Automotive is my device in the network ;) not my smartphone.

I can shard my smartphone to my car too (WIFI) and in this case with Internet connection is 4G (mobile) and it's works without issues.
My issue is over deco's wifi, I have send you the logs as requested

Regards

Options