TP-Link AX6600 GX9 VoIP compatibility

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-11 12:41:27

Hi, can someone please advise how I can setup my TP-Link AX6600 (GX90) router for Voice/VOIP service. Can I use tp-link POE injector and POE splitter and connect my home phone to the Modem?

If the above doesn't help, can I connect  the IP phone to the modem/router to use the voice service?

thank you

Options
5 Reply
Re:TP-Link AX6600 GX9 VoIP compatibility
2023-08-14 07:20:27

@Raghu54 

Hi, do you need to configure VoIP settings on the router or on your phone itself? and does your phone support Ethernet connection or only telephone line connection?

The Archer GX90 doesn't support VoIP settings, but if your phone is VoIP phone, no additional VoIP settings needed on the router, and just need internet access via Ethernet connection, you could just connect it to LAN port of the router to see if it works.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-08-14 09:21:22

@Sunshine Hi, my home phone is an analog phone and doesn't support any VoIP configurations or settings.

so, I wanted to check if there is any modem or device that supports VoIP configuration that can be connected to my TP-Link AX6600 (GX90) to enable my VoIP or home phone service.

also please advise if a an IP Phone can be connected to my router, if yes  please let me know which one I should buy, thanks

Options
2023-08-15 07:36:39

@Raghu54 

Hi, we have some DSL modem routers that support VoIP, you could also check the device list on our official website by using "VoIP" as a filter:

DSL Modem Routers

However, whether DSL modem router is suitable for you or not depends on the type of your line, if you are using DSL line as well and would like to use a new DSL modem router to replace your current DSL modem(if you have), then you could consider the TP-Link DSL modem router with VoIP function, then connect your home phone to the DSL modem router.

For the additional TP-Link AX6600 (GX90), you could connect it to the DSL modem router via Ethernet cable and work as an Access Point: 

How to configure the TP-Link wireless router as Access Point

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-08-15 08:54:37

@Sunshine Hi,  I am on FTTP connection for my NBN Internet, so there is no DSL modem or connection at my place

so I am currently using my Tp-link Ax6600 (gx90) router for my Internet connection, this router is connected to NBN Modem (Ethernet cable).

however since my TP-link Ax6600 router doesn't have a VoIP port so I need to find a device (that supports VoIP configuration) which I can connect to my TP-link Ax6600 router to get my home phone running. so can you please advise any suitable modem that cen be connected to my TP -link Ax6600 (gx90) router that will help me to

use my analog home phone (Panasonic).

?  

note- My Internet plan includes home phone service.

also if I can use any IP phone that can be connected to the TP-link router (Ax6600 gx90), please suggest any models.

thank you

Options
2023-08-15 12:31:52 - last edited 2023-08-15 12:36:57

@Raghu54 

Hi,

Sorry for dropping into this conversation.

Since this is a combined Internet & Phone plan offered by your ISP you might better ask your ISP what hardware is compatible with their service.

In most cases the ISP would provide the necessary preconfigured hardware anyways, because this sort of VoIP can be cumbersome to setup on a third-party piece of hardware, especially if that third-party hardware doesn't provide a selectable preconfigured profile for that particular ISP.

When an Internet plan comes bundled with phone service I can think of three different hardware scenarios for connecting the phone (as below). 

Number 1 is normally plug & play (customer receives a parcel with the hardware, plugs everything together according to a provided quick guide and is then ready to go), while Number 3 can be a nightmare to get working.

1) Broadband connection ---> ISP-provided modem router with phone support ---> phone
2) Broadband connection ---> third-party modem router with phone support ---> phone
3) Broadband connection ---> ISP modem ---> third-party network router without phone support (e.g. Archer GX90) ---> VoIP hardware ---> phone

As indicated by Sunshine, TP-Link only offers VoIP-capable hardware in the form of Number 2 and that only for ADSL/VDSL connections, but not fiber.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 688

Replies: 5

Related Articles