Router version and Command Line capability

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-14 19:21:40 - last edited 2023-08-15 14:59:30
Model: Archer VR2800  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Hi

I am new to the forum, glad to be in.

I have my interest on the Archer 2800 model specifically for it's cheapset (Broadcom) and also as it still fairly updated.

In the UK, what is the difference from the 2800 to the 2800 V1 models? Beside I dont see the non V1 model under the support page so is the 2800 basic for another country?

I have also explored the functionalities in the emulator page and looked through the manual but I can't understand whether you can access this router via command line.

Is this possible? I find this quiet important for troubleshooting purposes.

I need to move away from my Talktalk Hub as everytime they do a firmware update it totally messes up with latency and specifically UDP traffic, I use to resolve this using an older own router but this is a bit old now and does not collide with the latest vdsl updates for the profiles in the cabinet.

Is this a good router specifically to keep latency steady? I use real time audio application and the minumum variations in ping make the audio being choppy and our sessions are ruined.

Hope to get some answers

Thanks for your help

O

Options
3 Reply
Re:Router version and Command Line capability
2023-08-15 04:53:44

@oribo 

The difference between VE2800 and VR2800v are the voice capabilities (two additional RJ-11 ports on the device back pannel) - that's the "v" stands for.

Both devices have CLI for management according to their datasheet - here (VR2800) and here (VR2800v).

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2023-08-15 15:03:32
Sorry, I have modified the model number in this post as you made me realize is not what I meant, I did not mention the v as a model but as a version, the differece I was asking is between the VR2800 and the VR2800V1
Options
2023-08-15 18:42:15

@oribo 

VR2800 has only one HW version which is v1 - sometimes you may see it as VR2800 or VR2800 v1 - it's just the same.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 433

Replies: 3

Related Articles