Wired speed limited to below 100Mbps, WiFi - maximum speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-16 07:58:52
Model: Archer AX55  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.3 Build 20230603 rel.46473(4555)

Good morning.

I have a problem with internet speed over cable. Cat 6 cables. Fiber optic Internet 300Mbps. On the cable, the maximum speed is 97Mpbs, while WiFi is correct and maximum. 

Everywhere shows ethernet status is 1000Mbps Full Duplex.

On all devices in the house connected to the router via cable, the speed is limited below 100Mbps (I have 1Gbps network cards). 

Regards

Thank you

Options
13 Reply
Re:Wired speed limited to below 100Mbps, WiFi - maximum speed
2023-08-16 08:36:04

@DamianD 

Hi, you can observe you negotiated in AX55 speed here:

Usually this kind of problems arrise from the ethernet cables quality - you could try another CAT5e/6 cable to test.

Another cause could be any bandwidth limiters configured on the router or settings on the devices' ethernet cards.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2023-08-16 09:13:18

In Ethernet Status Show everywhere 1000 Mbps. I try few cable cat 5e, 6. Wireless everything is fine, only by cable internet speed is max 100Mbps. Lan speed detects 1Gbps

Options
2023-08-16 13:57:53 - last edited 2023-08-17 07:50:24

@DamianD 

That's really interesting. So, if I understood correctly :

The AX55 shows all ethernet ports status 1000mbps, all devices' ethernet adapters show 1000mbps, but speedtest shows only 100mbps on ethernet connected devices ?

Have you tried to transfer some files between ethernet connected devices (in your LAN) to measure the transfer speed ?

What is the make and model of your devices' ethernet adapters ?

If that's the case probably it would be better to contact your local tech support for assistance.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2023-08-16 20:57:27 - last edited 2023-08-16 21:03:16

@terziyski 

Yes exactly. WAN and LAN port status is 1000Mbps. Speed test internet via cable shows max 100 Mpbs, wireless almost 300Mbps. Network tests (transfer of large files) are about 500Mbps. My Ethernet Card in PC is Realtek PCIe GbE. The same situation when I test the speed of the Internet, for example, through the TV connected by wire (then speed below 100Mbps). When I connect the TV via WiFi and test the speed on it, the internet is almost 300Mbps.

Options
2023-08-17 12:11:59

@DamianD 

Hi, it seems to be quite strange, may I know who your ISP is and what the WAN connection type is? Like PPPoE or Dynamic IP?

Please connect the same PC or TV to your ISP modem directly and run Speedtest to see if it will be higher than 100Mbps as well, if so, I will try to forward your case to our senior engineer for further debugging.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-08-17 12:45:50

@Sunshine 

Hi, WAN Connection is Static IP - fiber optic internet. I Connected Laptop by wire and Speed test show max (300Mbps).
I change router to TP Link AX55 5 days ago (earlier I have HUAWEI 4G CPE Pro 2 B628). Everything was fine on Huawei.

It is strange for me that the internet is delivered at full speed to the router because on WiFi everything is ok...

Options
2023-08-18 08:15:23

@DamianD 

Hi, thank you very much for the reply.

To assist you efficiently, I've forwarded your case to the TP-Link support engineers, who will contact you with your registered email address later. Please pay attention to your email box for follow-up.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-08-18 09:15:42

@Sunshine 

Thank you.

I just got and replied to a message from TPLink support.

Best Regards!

Options
2023-08-18 12:37:20

@DamianD Just be aware that many (if not all) ethernet ports in Smart TVs are not gigabit. I experience the same thing myself in 3 Samsung series 7 TVs.

One thing you didn´t mention is how you conduct your speed tests nor which tools you´re using.

First thing I would try is connecting the same laptop in 2 different networks via LAN and see if it actually works. Even if you have a gigabit ethernet card you may need to update it/configure it properly. If it only fails in your network then I would turn off WIFI in the router and disconnect all ethernet cables. Just connect via LAN your laptop and the router and try again.

Options
2023-08-23 09:25:05

Hi  @DamianD,

I have same issue as you. I connect my laptop to AX23 by cable, speed show 1000Mbps but change to AX55 with firmware v1.2.3 only show 100Mbps.

I think this firmware has problem in AX55.

Hi @Sunshine,

Please help to check more with current firmware of AX55.

Thanks,

Tan

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 2186

Replies: 13

Related Articles