Mesh wifi extender not connecting to Dodo modem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-20 04:59:53

I have not the foggiest idea what is required above. 

Blue light on router flashed for about 5 minutes as if trying to connect but then stopped flashing blue.

I suspect when salesman at Betta Electricals said the answer to my problem that Dodo internet only has a range of 3-4 metres max. was to attach this AC1750 Mesh WiFi Extender to Dodo Modem, he was unaware that first I needed to have a Router.

Would that be the problem?

Would appreciate suggestions to remedy.

Thank you

Options
1 Reply
Re:Mesh wifi extender not connecting to Dodo modem
2023-08-20 18:48:06

@Lorraine1-2_3 

Hi,

If your Dodo "modem" broadcasts a wireless signal to which you can connect your phone, tablet or computer to access the Internet, then it must actually be a combined "modem router".

If the range of that Dodo modem router is only 3-4 meters, then in my opinion it doesn't make much sense to connect the RE450 (is that your particular model?) wirelessly to the Dodo modem router.

Instead you should consider switching the RE450 to "Access Point Mode", connect it to the Dodo modem LAN via Ethernet cable and then connect your wireless devices to the Wi-Fi of the RE450. (in the hope that its wireless signal will be stronger than that of the Dodo modem and cover a larger area of your home)

Here is the section of the user manual for the RE450 that explains how to do it:

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 671

Replies: 1

Related Articles