[Archer VR1210V] Using the WAN port as a 5th LAN ethernet port

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-08-30 14:54:20 - last edited 2023-08-30 14:55:38
Tags: #WAN
Model: Archer VR1210v  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 2.0.0 0.9_v6041.0_Build_221027

Hello, as the title said, is possible to set the wan port as a 5th lan port for my external devices?

If is possible how i can do it? Do not find the option, or maybe is automatic based on the device i connect? In this case a laptop.

Thank you.

Options
2 Reply
Re:[Archer VR1210V] Using the WAN port as a 5th LAN ethernet port
2023-08-30 20:06:01

@KD276 

This device is provided by your ISP - any questions regarding its operation should be routed to your ISP.

In general the WAN port is used when the modem operates as wireless router - when you use the FTTH/FTTB service.

I presume you are using the modem's xDSL port and the WAN port is probably inactive.

Actually the easiest way to check if that's possible is to plug your laptop in the WAN port and see if it will obtain a valid IP address from the modem.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
Re:[Archer VR1210V] Using the WAN port as a 5th LAN ethernet port
2023-08-30 21:11:48 - last edited 2023-08-30 21:13:57

@terziyski Thank you for your info, yes, i'm using the modem as normal VDSL, using the DSL port RJ11 to have access to internet, so the wan port is unused.

Unfortunately it don't work for my purpose, and there is no way to change the setting to change the wan port into lan port.

Well, the only solution is to buy a generic gigabit switch (minimun i found is 4 ports) and connect it to the 4th lan port on the Tp-Link so i can connect my left devices (need 5 lan ports overall). Sad there is no such option, would have been very good but well, it can't be helped.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 488

Replies: 2

Tags

WAN
Related Articles