Open VPN not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Open VPN not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Open VPN not working
Open VPN not working
2023-09-01 08:34:05
Tags: #VPN
Model: Archer MR200  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: 1.0.0 0.9.1 v0001.0 Build 230311 Rel.53004n

Hi

I have set up an OpenVPN connection to my router, but I am not able to connect to it. I get a connection timeout every time. 

As far as I can see I have set everything up as described in the tutorials found online. I have also tried several trouble shootings like swithching off firewall, set up DDNS and more, but so far no luck.

I can see that after a reboot, the router is logging in to DDNS and updates the public IP, so that part is working. 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Open VPN not working
2023-09-05 09:13:03

@TrHo 

Hi, please check Internet IPv4 address on Advanced->Status->Internet part of your MR200 web interface to see if it is a public IP address or not.

If not, it means you are behind a CGNAT, you will need to contact your ISP to see if they could assign you a public IP address to use the VPN Server function.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-09-07 06:52:29

@Sunshine Yes, I have checked that the IPV4-address is the public one. I'm sorry I forgot to mention that in the original post. 

Options
2023-09-07 09:58:10

@TrHo 

Hi, please email support.forum@tp-link.com and provide the following information:

1. Screenshots of Advanced->Status page, OpenVPN Server settings page, and also DDNS Settings page

2. The version of your OpenVPN Client software

3. Screenshot of the error message when trying to connect the OpenVPN Server, or the connection logs.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 734

Replies: 3

Tags

Related Articles