TPLink Deco (Mixed) Max. number of address reservatios

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-01 14:53:26
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.6.1 Build 20230403 Rel. 70058

I have a mixed set of Deco's 

M9 Plus (v1.0) is the Main deco,

and other connected:

- 2x M9 Plus (v1.0) 

- 1x M9 Plus (v2.0)

- 1x M5 (v3.2)

- 1x M5 (1.0)

What would be the limit for the number of DHCP address reservations? If limited because of the V1.0 hardware, could I change my Main Deco to the V2.0 variant that is also connected?

Options
2 Reply
Re:TPLink Deco (Mixed) Max. number of address reservatios
2023-09-01 23:54:43

@Martin010 do you mean actual MAC to IP address reservations you pre-define for your devices?

Assuming you do then most comercial router implementations (OpenWRT is different) use NVRAM to store these reservations (and a number of other settings) and that is very limited.

The amount of NVRAM has changed in size over the years but has remained quite small.

Typically the maximum number of reservations is around 40 although I have seen 64 in one case and some time back 32 or sometimes as little as 16 was common.

It would be interesting to hear what TP-Link have to say on this.

Options
Re:TPLink Deco (Mixed) Max. number of address reservatios
2023-09-04 06:24:01

@Martin010 

Hi, welcome to the community.

If I remember clearly, It should be 64. The hardware versions of the main Deco will not affect the maximum number of address reservations.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 349

Replies: 2

Related Articles