Which Wi-Fi router is for full 1Gbps under Wi-Fi?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-11 07:38:07

For 1Gbps internet, which model of the Wi-Fi 6 router can reach internet speed as MUCH as possible under a wireless connection?

(Original question: Which model of the Wi-Fi 6 router can fully reach 1Gbps of internet speed under a wireless connection? - based on the previous replies, reaching the FULL 1Gbps is impossible. Cannot change the title, sorry.)

Story:

So I bought the TP-Link AX1800 router (Wi-Fi 6), which claimed to support GIGABIT internet speed.

However, a hospitable representative from my internet provider told me that this model could not reach 1Gbps under Wi-Fi, only under a wired connection. I then ran some speed tests and proved that he was correct. Currently, my download speed test results are 710, 740, 473, 445, 515, 643, 582, 397, and 426. Upload speeds are 508, 354, 242, 324, 470, 491, 565, 466, and 360.

I rely on Wi-Fi most of the time since the router is far from my setup, so I don't think I will use a wired connection, afaik.

He told me that the TP-Link model "three thousand of something" could deliver faster speed, and the "six thousand and something" model will have the best result, but I don't exactly remember the model he mentioned.

Since I need 1Gbps internet, I need a router that matches what I am paying monthly for the internet.

Does anyone know which model(s) he referred to, or if you have any other great recommendations? I would hear from your experience instead of those marketing BSs.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Which Wi-Fi router is for full 1Gbps under Wi-Fi?
2023-09-12 02:55:43

@yigoro 

The WiFi speed can be affected by many factors, except for the router wireless specification and performance, it would be related to the client devices and environment as well.

For TP-Link wireless routers, you could consider WiFi 6E router such as Archer AXE300, or new WiFi 7 router such as Archer BE800 etc.

Options