Deco X95 slow throughput

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco X95 slow throughput

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco X95 slow throughput
Deco X95 slow throughput
2023-09-19 09:38:41
Model: Deco X95  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: Latest

Hi,

I have a EE broadband router which used to be cabled to a Deco M9+ (as the main device in router mode) with 2 other M9+ and an M4 all with Cat6 backhaul connecting them... Everything worked perfectly. 
I needed to extend the WiFi so I bought an X95 and followed the wizard to replace the main unit and move the M4 to be connected via wireless backhaul. It all worked but I started experiencing a slow start to streaming video from services like BBC iPlayer and Amazon Prime video or buffering wheels mid-program. My TV is not connected to the M4, it's cabled to the secondary port on one of the M9+'s
I decided to remove all devices, reset and start again from fresh, but I'm still getting the same problem. For some reason, introducing the X95 has really slowed everything down.
I work in IT and have a good understanding of networking but I'm baffled as to what is causing the slow performance. Apart from setting up groups, the only other thing I've done is separate the WiFi channels, but I'm getting this problem even when I'm cabled to an M9+...
Does anyone have any advice of experience of the same thing?
Thanks in advance...
Richard.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Deco X95 slow throughput
2023-09-20 10:07:25

@Richard-E

Hi, welcome to the community.

I see the firmware of your Deco M9 Plus is still on 1.2.11 Build 20190926 Rel. 55727. It is suggested to update the firmware to the latest 1.6.1 first:

Deco M9 Plus_V2_1.6.1 Build 20230403

How to Update the Firmware of Deco

After the firmware update, please restart the whole mesh system once to see whether it improved the streaming service.

Wait for your reply.

Best regards.

Options
2023-09-20 12:39:36

@David-TP 

Many thanks for your reply David.

I've put the x95 back as the Main unit, and rebuild the mesh.

I've updated the firmware of the M9's (using the tool method) and I'll see if streaming has improved this evening and will update you tomorrow.

Best regards,

Richard.

Options
2023-09-23 21:33:12

@David-TP  Hi David,

Firmware on the M9's has been updated. I put the X95 back as the main device and buffering and all streaming services returned, I remove it and rebuild the mesh just using the M9's and all is good. Do you have any further suggestions?

Many thanks,

Richard.

Options
2023-09-25 11:44:38

@Richard-E Sorry the last mail should have read:

Hi David,

Firmware on the M9's has been updated. I put the X95 back as the main device and buffering and on streaming services returned, I removed the X95 and rebuild the mesh just using the M9's and all is good.

Do you have any further suggestions?

Many thanks,

Richard.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 570

Replies: 4

Related Articles