Router freezes after joining Teams call

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-09-21 16:38:18 - last edited 2023-09-21 16:40:37
Model: Archer AX6000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.3.2 Build 20230906 rel.52143(5553)

Good Morning!!

After upgrading to the firmware version 1.3.2 Build 20230906 rel.52143(5553), I've been experiencing issues when joining Microsoft Teams calls. The router froze twice and had to be rebooted in both occasions.

It never happened before, with previous FW versions.

Thanks!

Options
3 Reply
Re:Router freezes after joining Teams call
2023-09-22 06:08:48

@Rolorenzoni 

Hi, thank you very much for posting on TP-Link Community.

May I know if the issue happens every time when you join Microsoft Teams calls or happens randomly? And when the issue happens, internet stops working and web interface cannot be accessed and no any response from the router, is that correct?

By the way, how many client devices are usually connected to the AX6000 router? and what are they?

After confirming the above details, we will forward your case to senior engineers for further debugging. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-09-22 13:38:36 - last edited 2023-09-22 13:51:04

@Sunshine Good morning!

Thank you very much for your quick answer.

I usualy have about 25 to 30 clients connected, and they are 2 desktop PC's, 4 smartphones, 1 nas server, 2 google chromecasts, 2 smartTv's, 1 AV receiver, 9 security cameras, 1 NVR recorder, 1 alarm central. Most of them are connected through ethernet, and I use 2 TP link LS-1008g for cable distribution.

Since the last FW upgrade, to version 1.3.2 is recent, I don't have further information about other situations, but, during that Teams calls, when I related the router froze, I lost both internet access and web page management.

After rebooting it worked for a few minutes more and then it happened again.

The AX6000v1 was up and running smoothly for about a week, since the FW upgrade, and during this previous week, nobody has joined any video calls.. 

It's curious because I had this kind of malfunction before with another router, not the AX6000. It worked perfectly for weeks, but when I joined a Teams or a Zoom call, it froze.

I really don't know what's different in terms of connectivity with this meeting apps, but, it's happening with me.

And finally, just to reinforce, I've been using the AX6000 for more than 2 years with this exact same network and this freezing behavior never happened with previous FW versions.

Thank you again for your attention!.

Options
2023-09-25 09:37:39

@Rolorenzoni 

Thank you very much for providing those detailed information. 

To assist you efficiently, I've forwarded your case to the TP-Link support engineers who will contact you with your registered email address later. Please pay attention to your email box for follow-up.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 659

Replies: 3

Related Articles