Losing ethernet backhaul

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Losing ethernet backhaul

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
14 Reply
Re:Losing ethernet backhaul
2023-10-12 13:58:05

@Alexandre. 

Hi Alexandre

Just wanted to say thanks for your help. It's been a few days now and since changing the cable, it's been totally stable. Strange that the shortest and newest cable was the weak link.

Cheers!

Options
2023-10-12 23:46:23

LostPlot wrote

@Alexandre. 

Hi Alexandre

Just wanted to say thanks for your help. It's been a few days now and since changing the cable, it's been totally stable. Strange that the shortest and newest cable was the weak link.

Cheers!

@LostPlot 

Glad to know you've got stable Deco mesh. In last few years there has been increased amount of counterfeit Ethernet cables. Does not matter where you buy them from, there is always chance to get one that is not up to specs.

Also, it is possible you just got defective cable, it happens.

This is not the first case I saw where link between the switch and Main Deco was broken. The first time I helped someone with it, it was really hard to figure what is going on, but after understanding the workings of Deco mesh and as soon as you confirmed all same symptoms it were easy to narrow down where the issue would be.

Options
2023-10-22 15:02:28 - last edited 2023-10-22 15:09:08

@Alexandre. 

Just thought I'd give a quick update on this.

All works fine until rebooting the main Deco.

After a reboot, one satellite will fall back to wifi backhaul. Pulling the ethernet cable from the main deco to the switch and then reconnecting after a few seconds gets ethernet backhaul up and running again. As was said, the problem seems to be between the main deco and switch. New cables and I've tried three different switches and after a reboot almost always ethernet backhaul is lost.  

Tried the following switches: TL-SG2208P, TLSG108 and DLink DGS1008P - all have same issue.

I'd a weekly reboot scheduled and it was fine all week until the restart. I'm leaving the scheduled reboot turned off so hopefully all ok. It's just a case of pulling the main deco to switch cable and the reconnected so a quick fix if it does go down again. A little frustrating, but not too bad, although all suggestions welcome :)

John

Options
2024-03-12 00:31:28

@LostPlot 

Hi, I had the exact same problem, for me the fix was a different (more basic) switch.

I went from a managed Dell switch to the Linksys gigabit LGS108, and all is fine now. The Ethernet backhaul is stable, with many wired connections on the same switch.

Hope it helps.

Bjorn

Options
Related Articles