Re-tethering what was done. Doesnt work anymore.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-08 22:05:40
Model: Archer AX6000  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

When I switched to a new ISP, they provided a modem that also acts as a router.

I'm trying to bridge this new Modem to use the AX6000 router, but the tether app can't find the router anymore compared to when I did it with the old ISP.

Is this because it was already tethered once?

Options
3 Reply
Re:Re-tethering what was done. Doesnt work anymore.
2023-10-09 06:12:10 - last edited 2023-10-09 06:12:26

@SOONday 

Hi, please make sure your phone is connected to WiFi of AX6000 instead of your ISP modem router.

For more troubleshooting steps, please refer to this guide: What if Tether cannot detect my TP-Link product in the “Device” Page?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-10-09 19:10:24 - last edited 2023-10-09 19:13:10

@Sunshine 

1) My phone cannot see the router network. On rare occasions, I can see the router network I set up long time ago on the phone / desktop, but I get "connection failed" on my phone. When I enter in the wifi password from desktop wifi, it gets error message as well.

2) The router light for ax6000 is always circulating blue light, never solid red or blue. I read other forum posts to take off the WAN + LAN cables and reset it if the lights still on. It did not work. 

3) Tethering App does not see the network. When it was set up with my OLD ISP, it worked, but now it doesnt. Maybe due to point above.

4) Ethernet cable connected to the router doesnt work. Ethernet cable connected to my modem does.

Im trying to bridge my NEW ISP modem/router to use router ax6000 and getting these issues.

Options
2023-10-10 01:30:49

@SOONday 

Hi, is your AX6000 hardware version V1?

Circulating blue LED means the system is starting up or the router is being reset, that is why Ethernet or WiFi doesn't work at all.

I'll send you a private message to provide instruction to do firmware recovery for this AX6000 V1, please have a try and let us know if it solves the problem.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 285

Replies: 3

Related Articles