Archer T2U v3 doesnt work anymore

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-02-26 03:43:11
Model: Archer T2U  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1030.38.712.2019

This T2U works just fine, but i cannot get it to connect with this new ssd installed as my boot drive. Ive checked the drivers, and they are the same on this one as they are on the previous hard drive that i was using. When i use the old hard drive, the T2U works fine and stays consistent, but when i boot with this new ssd, the T2U goes in and out constantly. 

there is a strange inconsistency between using the t2u with both drives. On the ssd, the T2U remains with a solid green light, and the hdd has a fast blinking green light. I had first experienced similar issues when i swapped the T2U over to another computer one time, and then when i put it back on the original one, the light went solid green for some reason. I was able to figure it out back then by trying different drivers until i was able to get the one that worked with the flashing green light again. 

this is very inconvenient because i have to babysit the computer to try and get my old games and files moved over to this new ssd. Am i missing something in the settings? Another inconsistency between the ssd and the hdd is that on the ssd it now has a setting called "roaming aggressiveness" and im pretty sure that it wasnt there on the hdd.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer T2U v3 doesnt work anymore
2022-02-28 09:46:53

Hello @Yukky_Dukky1 

For ‘when i boot with this new ssd, the T2U goes in and out constantly.'

1. Please check if Archer T2U is still recognized in Device manager and its Status when issue happens; did you hear any disconnections sound on Windows? 

This PC/ Computer--> Computer Management--> Device manager/ Other Devices and see if tp-link adapter is still available under Device manager or Other Devices?

Double-click on tp-link adapter and check the Device Status
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2240/

2. Try Archer T2U (Nano /Plus)chipset driver here and see if that that helps.

What is the model of the new SSD?  Can you share a photo of the computer motherboard information. Was adapter still recognized in Device manager when issue happens? 

If the adapter is still recognized , can I know was there any the error message on WiFi connection?

How to check driver version of TP-Link adapters and system information of your computer?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 818

Replies: 1

Related Articles