TP Link Modems Are Awful

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

TP Link Modems Are Awful

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
TP Link Modems Are Awful
TP Link Modems Are Awful
2023-10-10 17:52:28

I've had this modem for an extraordinarily frustrating year.

For absolutely no reason at all, far too frequently, the modem will just stop transmitting (?) wifi.

It can be for a few minutes or a few hours. It's absolutely ridiculous.

I know I'm not the only one with this problem but you'd think the company would have come up with a proper solution by now.

I need to run devices for my business, modem's been down an hour already.  There's absolutely no way to tell when it will decide ro come back.

Anyone reading this thinking of buying a tplink modem - don't. I'm finally switching today.

Options
1 Reply
Re:TP Link Modems Are Awful
2023-10-11 07:37:55

@Kjg 

Hi, thank you very much for the feedback.

May I know the model no., hardware and firmware version of your TP-Link device?

And do you mean the WiFi signals will disappear completely and come back automatically in a few minutes or hours later? If you reboot the TP-Link device, will it come back quickly?

In addition, wil WiFi LED turn off when the issue happens? and if you connect to the device via Ethernet cable, is the internet still working?

If Ethernet connection still works when WiFi stops working, please login the device Web GUI and check if wireless settings are normal, also save a system log file for analysis.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 327

Replies: 1

Related Articles