TPlink c80 Wifi router disconnects and reconnects when 5ghz is enabed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-15 05:48:09
Model: Archer C80  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.13.1 Build 230609 Rel.31746n(4555)

Hi,

The tplink c80 has been continuously disconnecting all connections, wifi and lan. I beleive this is after the firmware uprgade. Once I disable the dual band and only enable 2.4Ghz the problem does not occur. 

Please advise. 

Thanks

Options
10 Reply
Re:TPlink c80 Wifi router disconnects and reconnects when 5ghz is enabed
2023-10-16 07:32:40

@Speedtest 

Hi, when you enable 5GHz WiFi, please disable Smart Connect, set different WiFi names for the two bands, then please test if the problem still exists.

In addition, usually how many client devices are connected to the router and what are they?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-10-16 09:41:58 - last edited 2023-10-16 09:43:28

@Sunshine 

Hi, 

I disabled Smart connect and used seperate names for both th bands but it does not help issue receovers. Once 5ghz is disabaled it wors fine. 

The maximum number of devices connected are 10, Desktop PC, Mac Windows laptops and Amazon fire stick and other Tplink router as EasyMesh

Options
2023-10-16 11:34:15

@Speedtest 

Hi, may I know the model no., and hardware version of your other EasyMesh routers? and are they connected to main router wirelessly or via Ethernet cable?

If convenient, please try to turn off other EasyMesh satellite devices, then test if the main router C80 works fine when enabling both bands.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-10-16 14:37:56
The model of tplink router is WR940N. I have disconnected the easymesh router and also disabled it. It still has the same issue with 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz enabled.
Options
2023-10-17 01:44:23

@Speedtest 

Hi, TL-WR940N doesn't support EasyMesh actually, let me confirm your network topology again. You have totally two routers, one Archer C80 and one TL-WR940N, right?

Archer C80 is working as main router and is having the issue when 2.4G&5G WiFi are enabled no matter TL-WR940N is connected to it or not?

When using TL-WR940N as well, is your TL-WR940N connected to Archer C80 via Ethernet cable and working as AP mode?

If you have any other product in the same network, please also let us know.

Options
2023-10-17 06:26:57 - last edited 2023-10-17 06:28:53

@Sunshine 

Please find my comments in color. 

Hi, TL-WR940N doesn't support EasyMesh actually, let me confirm your network topology again. You have totally two routers, one Archer C80 and one TL-WR940N, right?

Archer C80 is working as main router and is having the issue when 2.4G&5G WiFi are enabled no matter TL-WR940N is connected to it or not?

- Yes c80 is the main router and is having issues when both 2.4 &5G are enabled no matter if the second router TL-WR940N is connected or not. 

When using TL-WR940N as well, is your TL-WR940N connected to Archer C80 via Ethernet cable and working as AP mode?

TL-WR940N is connected wirelessly not using Ethernet cable.

If you have any other product in the  same network, please also let us know.

No other  product is connected.

To simplify, please ignore the TL-WR940N router as I have removed it from the setup and just using c80 has issues with dual band. 

Options
2023-10-17 07:18:50

@Speedtest 

Hi, to assist you efficiently, I've forwarded your case to the TP-Link support engineers who will contact you with your registered email address later.

Please pay attention to your email box for follow-up.

Options
2023-10-19 16:31:03 - last edited 2023-10-19 16:31:27

I am still waiting for your support to get back, can you please advise.

Options
2023-10-20 01:16:34

@Speedtest 

Hi, I've checked with the support engineer and he will reply within today, please let us know if there is any update.

Options
2023-10-20 05:11:51

@Sunshine 

ok thanks, I will wait for his email. There are o further updates its still the same. 

Options