TL-WPA7517 stopped to have a reliable connection to the Powerline Network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-31 08:29:03
Model: TL-WPA7517 KIT  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.10 Build 220701 Rel.65093n (6985)

Hi,

I've been using the TL-WPA7517 with no issues for months in my garage.

Becoming yesterday, it started to lose connection between the wifi device and the power device. 

I moved between poweroutlets, reseted the devices and still not getting a reliable connection. Brought it to my home and using near power outlets, seems everything is fine.

I don't have any new device in the power line and nonthing changed in my house configuration... Can not understand what is going on.

Do you think even I get a connection using inside home, there is a problem with my devices? This is the only explanation why something that worked for months is not working anymore.

Any tip will be very appreciated.

Thank you.

Options
1 Reply
Re:TL-WPA7517 stopped to have a reliable connection to the Powerline Network
2023-11-01 07:18:54

@rtromao 

Hi, when the issue happens, will the powerline light turn off? 

Since they are working fine when you bring the powerline extender to your home, the products themselves should not be the problem, the unstable issue is likely to be caused by powerline environment in the garage. You could follow this guide to see it can be improved: What can I do if my powerline rate is very low?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options