Deco X20 over Vodafone H300S issues

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-11-04 21:20:06
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello!

My setup is:

DSL line connects to Vodafone's H300S modem.

Deco X20 connects to H300S - it is the only device connected to the modem.

Deco's operation mode is "WiFi router".

When connected to Deco's WiFi and run a speed test, the speed is almost maxed - really close to H300S speed.

The problem is that all devices connected to Deco's WiFi seem to have a slow response on every request. Phones that use the "connect to the best WiFi available" feature keep connecting and disconnecting from the Deco's WiFi.

While on H300S's WiFi network, the speed and response times are working fine.

I have also tried switching to Deco's "Access point" operation mode, but the results were really worse...

We want to use the landline for our phone , so I guess that we are obliged to use Vodafone's modem.

Thanks in advance!

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco X20 over Vodafone H300S issues
2023-11-09 01:58:40

@iokouts 

Hi, Sorry for the delay.

Were you still having the same issue on Deco X20 when it is on wireless router mode?

If yes, can I have more details about the slow response on Deco? the website took forever to load?

Maybe you could try to ping a certain website domain separately on Deco and H300S and compare their ping response time:

How to Use the Ping Command

It is also suggested to refer to this link to change the WAN DNS server on Deco 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4:

How to change DNS server settings on my Deco

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options
Re:Deco X20 over Vodafone H300S issues
2023-11-27 10:50:05

@David-TP hello!

I actually solved this problem by enabling a feature on Vodafone's modem:

DMZ If you have a local client PC that cannot run an Internet application properly from behind the NAT firewall, you can open the client to unrestricted two-way Internet access by defining a Virtual Exposed Host.

Not sure if this is the best practice, but it works...

Thanks for your feedback!

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 380

Replies: 2

Related Articles