Low wifi Speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Low wifi Speed

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Low wifi Speed
Low wifi Speed
2023-12-06 07:03:59 - last edited 2024-01-04 12:34:50
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

My internet plan is 500 Mbps but I am only getting 90 mbps via wifi. I checked while connecting the wire directly to my laptop and was getting 350 mbps, so the team told me that it is router issue

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Low wifi Speed -Solution
2023-12-12 08:37:44 - last edited 2024-01-04 12:34:50

@vamshi12345 

Hi, so the negotiation speed of the WAN port with the computer is also 100Mbps, but the negotiation speed of LAN port of the router with the same computer is 1000Mbps?

If so, it seems to be the WAN port issue of the router, 

In that case, it is recommanded to contact the retailer or local team to check waranty and get it replaced.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options
11 Reply
Re:Low wifi Speed
2023-12-06 07:21:22

@vamshi12345 

It sounds like your issue may be related to the wireless capabilities of your router rather than a "Wrong Device"  concern. In this context, the team's suggestion that it is a router issue seems accurate. The discrepancy in speed between the wired and wireless connections indicates that the router's wireless performance may be limiting the speed.

Options
2023-12-06 07:31:04

@Gregory_Cooper 

My device is archer c6 ac1200 so I thought it should be able to give me the desired speed

Options
2023-12-07 03:52:00

@vamshi12345 

1. Please connect the same computer to the C6 Router via Ethernet cable and test speed again

2. If wired connection speed to the router is no more than 100Mbps either, please check Ethernet Status and the negotiation speed of each ports on the C6 Router:

If the Internet port negotiation speed is only 100Mbps, refer to this thread for troubleshooting: What if my Router Speed is capped at 100 Mbps? 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2023-12-07 12:00:50

Interference from neighboring Wi-Fi networks can impact your speed. Log in to your router's settings and try changing the Wi-Fi channel to a less congested one. You can typically do this in the wireless settings section of your router's web interface.

Options
2023-12-10 04:47:03

@Sunshine 
I did everything mentioned and even changed this the negotiation speed. still the internet speed shows 100

Options
2023-12-10 04:47:52

@Sunshine 

Options
2023-12-11 02:11:49

@vamshi12345 

Hi, please make sure you've rebooted the router after changing and saving the Internet Port Negotiation Speed, and you've also tried different ca5e or higher cable, right?

If your ISP modem has more than one LAN ports, you could also try another LAN port of your ISP modem.

If problem still exists, please help to confirm the following details before we escalate your case:

1.Current firmware version of your TP-Link Router

2. When did you purchase the TP-Link router, and when did the issue begin to happen?

3. Who is your ISP, and what is the model of the ISP modem that this TP-Link router connects to?

Options
2023-12-11 07:47:55

@Sunshine 

Yes, I have tried all but the internet speed still shows 100 mbps

1) firmware version 1.0.16 Build 20230828 rel.44667(5553), Archer C6 v3.20

2) I bought it in june 2021, I recently upgraded my internet plan from 100 to 500 MBPS so was expecting an increase but it never happened. I tested by attaching the isp wire directly and I got 400-500 MBPS

3) I use ACT FIBERNET service (Hyderabad, India)

Options
2023-12-12 03:49:01

@vamshi12345 

Hi, do you have an ISP modem? or only an Ethernet cable from ISP coming into your home without modem?

If there is a modem connected to the TP-Link router, please let us know the model no. of the modem.

Besides, what is the WAN connection type you configured on the C6 router? like PPPoE or Dynamic IP?

For comparison, please try to connect your computer to WAN port of the C6 Router and connect your ISP wired to one of LAN ports of the C6 Router, then check the negotiation speed again of corresponding ports on the router.

Note: This is only a test to see if the WAN port issue or some compatibility issue between the WAN port and your ISP wire/modem.

By the way, did you also try factory reset the router by holding reset button for about 10s until power LED flashing?

Options
2023-12-12 08:06:55

@Sunshine 

there is an Ethernet cable from ISP coming into the home without modem

WAN connection type configured on the C6 router is dynamic IP

I tried "connect your computer to WAN port of the C6 Router and connect your ISP wired to one of LAN ports of the C6 Router" this and it shows same speed 100 mbps

also tried factor reset, password change etc.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1099

Replies: 11

Related Articles