Multiple DECOs in home network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-12-10 19:33:40
Model: Deco P9   Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.8 Build 20230619 Rel. 48552

Hello,

I have these numbers of Decos in our building (3 floors) they are mixed between Deco p9 and Deco m4, I'm having some random issues in internet connectivity the internet becomes not available for a couple of seconds and then returns to normal, and the Decos are operating as access points. should I reduce the number of routers for this home network? like create a separate network for each floor and have in total 3 main decos? or any suggestions from your side?

this is a picture of my setup, some decos are not connected for a reason.

the logs for the routers are mixed between the following error, warning and notice:

Log 2 & Log 3: These logs show similar messages related to Beacon reports and RSSI (Received Signal Strength Indicator) values. The wlanifBSteerEventsHandleBeaconReport entries suggest that the system is tracking the signal quality of connected devices. The stadbEntry_modifyTriggerThreshold messages indicate adjustments to thresholds for signal strength, possibly for optimizing network performance.

1. Log 4 & Log 5: Both logs contain multiple instances of the error apsd_get_active_ports:214: Error: No such interface 25, indicating a problem with accessing a specific network interface. This could be a configuration issue or a malfunction in the network hardware or software. Additionally, there are entries related to the dropbear service, which is an SSH server, indicating an incoming SSH connection.

2. Log 6: This log shows similar errors as seen in the previous logs, such as Timeout waiting for 802.11k response and Error: No such interface 25. The 802.11k-related timeout errors suggest issues with the wireless roaming feature or device response times.

all suggestions are very appreciated

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 231

Replies: 0

Related Articles