Default Gateway problem with Archer T4U AC1300 Wireless Dual Band USB Adapter

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-12-16 14:59:31
Tags: #Network Connectivity #default gateway
Model: Archer T4U  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1030.38.712.2019

Hello!
I have horrible time with my new TP-link Archer T4U. It's always has default gateway problem. I have to use Windows troubleshooter everytime to fix this issue, but usually it doesn't help and I have to keep restarting and troubleshooting this adapter for 30min before it gets back online for couple hours. I have never encountered such bad adapter. I updated it to the V3 firmware and it didn't help. I downgraded it and it still didn't do anything. Please help me. I would gladly give it back to the shop were I bought it, but i threw away my reciept...

Edition    Windows 10 Home
Version    22H2
Installed on    ‎20-‎Apr-‎21
OS build    19045.3803
Experience    Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0

Best regards,

Alan

Options
1 Reply
Re:Default Gateway problem with Archer T4U AC1300 Wireless Dual Band USB Adapter
2023-12-17 15:02:22

@WestCow 

Hi,

As a short-term solution you could manually assign static IP addresses to the network connection, instead of relying on DHCP. That way the gateway IP address won't change.

By the way, does your computer have more than one active network connection or just the one network connection via the Archer T4U?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 310

Replies: 1

Tags

Network Connectivity
default gateway
Related Articles