Will a TP Link MR 100 work as a failover for another router?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-01-02 14:23:42
Model: TL-MR100  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi Guys,

I have a wired internet connection connected to my main router which is an Asus. This is connected obviously to the WAN port. The Asus allows the LAN 1 port to be used for a backup internet connection.

I'm thinking of buying the MR100 and putting in a data SIM card and connecting it to the LAN 1 port so that it would take over if the wired internet failed.

Have read in some places that the MR 100 will not work as a fail over device? Is this true?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Will a TP Link MR 100 work as a failover for another router?
2024-01-03 03:03:20

@deepakvrao 

Hi, MR100 supports 3G/4G Backup under wireless router mode, you could follow this guide to set it up: How to set up Wireless Router mode and 3G/4G Backup on TP-Link LTE Gateway

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Will a TP Link MR 100 work as a failover for another router?
2024-01-07 01:23:50
So, this works great. Thanks. Now realised that the ports limit speed to 100mbps. Thinking of upgrading to the MR600. Will it be able to do the same?
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 572

Replies: 2

Related Articles