G.hn compatible wifi extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-01-20 14:01:23
Model: PG2400P KIT  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi There, I have purchased the TP-Link PG2400P KIT - G.hn2400 Passthrough Powerline Kit to replace my old slow AV600 based setup. And it works really well for my wired PC but I now need a wifi extender that can work together with the PG2400 ie. plug into power socket and extend my wifi in furthest part of home. What products would work for this? I dont ythink my router is a mesh one just a plain Plusnet router.

Options
5 Reply
Re:G.hn compatible wifi extender
2024-01-20 14:25:48

@Jonasaedin 

Hi,

You can just go to TP-Link's homepage for Powerline Adapters and set the filter for "G.hn".

https://www.tp-link.com/en/home-networking/powerline/?filterby=AND%7C6188

Only one product exists that would meet your description.

Options
2024-01-20 14:33:36

@woozle thanks... i did see that kit but was not sure if that is a master/slave setup or if it can fit in together with the current PG2400 kit i have installed

Options
2024-01-20 14:42:16

@Jonasaedin 

The "PGW2440 KIT" consists of one PG2400P (same as the two you already have) and one PGW2440 that has the Wi-Fi feature.

Two devices that come in the same box are usually already paired together, but you can just reset the PGW2440 and then "Pair" it with your existing G.hn Powerline network.

Options
2024-01-20 18:13:55

@woozle ok it just seem like quite an expense buying both units if I only need th PGW2440

Options
2024-01-20 19:31:00

@Jonasaedin 

That's true.

Theoretically, any Powerline adapter that follows the "G.hn" standard can be paired with any other Powerline adapter that also follows the "G.hn" standard. So if you can find another brand that sells single units, then generally that should work too. Just be prepared that anything that is specific to TP-Link might not work. For example, I doubt the tpPLC Utility and tpPLC App would show a Powerline adapter of another brand. That adapter would then have to be managed via the method offered by that brand.

Options