How to properly setup port forward for palworld dedicated server on AX1500?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-01-24 00:35:19
Model: Archer AX1500  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.25 Build 20230809 Rel. 54222(5553)

Hi, I'm trying to setup my routers ports so I'm able to host a dedicated server for palworld with 2 of my friends. I can join my server but my friends would get time out connection and I've already restarted my PC. I'm also confused about the IP address to use because whatismyipaddress.com shows one IP, the tp-link router site under status tab shows a different one and the device IP address shows another different IP. I was able to connect to the last 2 IP's that I mentioned by the one in whatismyipaddress won't work because I'd get timed out.

What I did under NAT forwarding is:

Device IP Address: xxx.xxx.x.xxx
External Port: 8211

Internal Port: 8211

Protocol: All

The same with ports 25575 and 27015

Still my friends can't join in. Is there something on their end do they have to do or am I doing this all wrong?

Any help is appreciated.

Options
1 Reply
Re:How to properly setup port forward for palworld dedicated server on AX1500?
2024-01-24 02:58:10 - last edited 2024-01-24 03:03:21

@DakturPepper 

Your router Internet address is probably a private IP address if it's different than whatsmyipaddress shows.

Here's how to check that - Step 4 and Tip 1. You'll have to contact your ISP and ask them if they can provide a public IP address for you.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1960

Replies: 1

Related Articles