Duplicate folders in TP-Share

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-01-25 07:25:26
Model: Archer AX55  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

The TP Share folder that is accessible using the local network when a USB storage is connected to a router is showing duplicate folder. I mean, A LOT, of duplicate folders. How can I stop this from happening?

Options
5 Reply
Re:Duplicate folders in TP-Share
2024-01-26 03:31:08

@christianpaul 

Hi, you mean every folder show twice in the TP-Share folder? what is the firmware version of your AX55 V1?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2024-01-26 14:26:48

@Sunshine it does not only duplicate the folders, but it just continually multiplies the same folder. However the automatically created folders are all empty. It's just that it has the same name as the original one, so right now I have about 5 empty folders of the same name. My theory is that whenever I open the TP-Share folder, it duplicates the folders shared in that storage.

The version of my router is V.4.4.3 (Build 449) 

Options
2024-01-29 03:06:53

@christianpaul 

By v4.4.3, do you mean Tether App version?

Please check firmware version of the router on Advanced->System Tools->Firmware Upgrade page of its web interface, or More->System->Firmware Update page on Tether App.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. TL-WA3001 Supports EasyMesh, Speed Limit, Guest Network in AP Mode and/or Multi-SSID Mode. If you found the post or response helpful, please click Helpful. If an answer solves your problem, click "Recommended Solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2024-01-29 08:17:47 - last edited 2024-01-29 08:20:47

@christianpaul Hello! I also encountered this situation. And actually after I updated the problem went away 

Options
2024-01-29 08:36:13

@gbert27455 

Hi, is your router also Archer AX55? You mean the issue went away after firmware update?

If so, please let us know the previous firmware version and current firmware version.

Options