System log error deco X50

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-01-28 20:14:47
Model: Deco X50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.0 Build 20230522 Rel. 68968

When checking the system log of one of my deco unit , the following error message is returned every second:

Sun Jan 28 20:56:59 2024 daemon.err /usr/bin/apsd: apsd_check_eth_has_neigh:1424: Error: can't find ifname[eth1.591] in eth_ifname 

Sun Jan 28 20:57:00 2024 daemon.err /usr/bin/apsd: apsd_check_eth_has_neigh:1424: Error: can't find ifname[eth1.591] in eth_ifname

The deco where the error message above is displayed , is connected via a lan cable to the main deco, which serves as a wlan-router and is connected to a ZTE 5g modem in bridge mode.

Any  advice how to get rid of this nesty error above is very appriciated!

Thanx

Options
6 Reply
Re:System log error deco X50
2024-01-29 07:29:56

@Mr_AI 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Have you noticed any issues with this satellite Deco X50?

Did you enable the Guest network on the Deco? 591 sounds like the VLAN ID used by the Guest network.

Thank you very much and best regards.

Options
2024-02-04 18:18:00

@David-TP 

Thank you very much for your reply!

With respect to your questions,  NO guest network is enabled on this deco.

Only the main wlan network is activated. In addition the deco is connected (via lan/ethernet cables) to a smart tv and a streaming decoder (, both of which work fine.) AND the main deco.

And yes I noticed another issue with this deco:  one of my smartphones has always problems connecting to this deco. It works fine with the main deco but when I am in range of the satellite deco , my smartphone remains connected to the main deco ( even though the signal is very weak). I then try to connect manually to the satellite deco, but most of the times it does not work.....

I am not sure what to do, but think that it is not a good sign that the deco issues the mentioned error log every second....

Once again thank you for your help in advance!

Options
2024-02-04 20:57:26

@David-TP 

I have resetted the deco and also tried another one and I am still receiving the following error message every second in the sys log !

My wlan  quest network ( with standard VLAN-ID) is switched off. But  when I switch it on  I am also receiving the following error message:

""

Sun Feb 4 21:41:16 2024 daemon.err /usr/bin/apsd: apsd_check_eth_has_neigh:1424: Error: can't find ifname[eth1.591] in eth_ifname  Sun Feb 4 21:41:17 2024 daemon.err /usr/bin/apsd: apsd_check_eth_has_neigh:1424: Error: can't find ifname[eth1.591] in eth_ifname

""

Is there a script or a way to get access to the system folders, files , settings  so can make the changes by myself?

Thanx

Options
2024-02-04 21:44:38

@Mr_AI 

It seems to be a system bug...as there are many posts describing the same issue from last year!

The question is whether this bug that throws an error message every second(!)  will have a negatitve effect on the device (reducing the span of life of it ) so  legal / warranty claims can be made with the sellers of these products....

I do not get it though why TP-Link does not solve this problem that already exits for over one year!

Options
2024-02-05 01:15:59

@Mr_AI 

Hi, Thanks for the feedback.

I don't think the error logs will affect the lifespan of Deco. The memory space reserved for system logs is limited. New logs will override the old and the logs will also be cleared after restarting Deco.

May I know the model number of your smartphone?

If you are next to the satellite Deco, and turn off/on the WLAN on the smartphone, will it first connect to the satellite Deco X50?

"I then try to connect manually to the satellite deco, but most of the times it does not work" 

Do you mean it still connects the main Deco, or it could connect to the satellite X50 bur has no internet?

Best regards.

Options
2024-02-06 14:28:17

@David-TP 

My smartphone is Samsung A52s 5G.

The connectivity issue occurs with the following setup:

Wlan-network: only 2.4 GHz is activated.

When the smartphone is in proximity of the satellite deco, it ignores it and keeps on trying to connect to the main deco. After a while it tries to connect to the satellite deco but it always fails ( connects and immediatelly disconnects).

When 2.4 GHz + 5GHz bands are activated, everything works fine.

I also have a A52 4g smartphone, but there are no issues with connectivity.

I read some tp-forum posts from 2022 and 2023 about some connectivity issues with A535G smartphones and the x60 deco and the 5GHz band. In my case (A52S 5G)  there seems to be an issue with the 2.4 GHz band .....

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 447

Replies: 6

Related Articles