Dropped contact with Extender

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-01-31 21:27:27
Model: RE505X  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Extender connects to Router 2,4 GHz and extender is contactable by smart phone and outdoor device. Password is same as 2.4 GHz on router, 2.4 GHz Blue light shows on extender.

Extender also connects to 5.0 GHz on router. Pasword is same as 2.4 GHz on extender but not the same as 5.0GHz on router.. Smart phone will not connect to 5.0GHz on extender using either password.

Connection between extender and outdoor device was successful for about 30 hours.

However, it appears that the extender's 5.0 GHz is confusing the device that will only accept 2.4 GHz. Contact broke and the device will not reconnect automatically.

It appears that I need to cut the 5.0 GHz on the extender so that I only have the 2.4 GHz working on the extender.The router's 5.0 and 2.4 signals are weak where the device is located. 

When I turn the extenders 5.0 wireless off on the TP LInk I loose both the 5.0 and the 2.4.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Dropped contact with Extender
2024-01-31 22:13:05

@jeff500 

You could try tweaking the extender's high speed mode settings. Try Auto and if that doesn't work for you try it on manual.

If the wireless signa is weak where the extender is placed try relocating it for better performace - details.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 311

Replies: 1

Related Articles