tg-3468 v4 vs v3

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

tg-3468 v4 vs v3

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
tg-3468 v4 vs v3
tg-3468 v4 vs v3
2024-02-06 17:46:06
Model: TG-3468  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version:

hello guys 

i buy a tg-3468 v4  but seller send me verson 3 

What is the difference between these two versions?

Do I have to return the network card?

Options
1 Reply
Re:tg-3468 v4 vs v3
2024-02-06 19:43:58

@peymangg 

Hi,

It might be that the TG-3468 V3 uses a slightly older revision of the RTL8168 chip. The latest revision is RTL8168H. I don't know the exact differences between all the existing revisions of the chip, but I suspect they are not too significant.

A notable difference is that the V3 has three LEDs next to its Ethernet port that allow the user to easily identify whether the card's current link speed is 10 Mbps, 100 Mbps or 1000 Mbps.
The V4 only has one LED that shows whether there is an active link or not.

Maybe I am just too old-fashioned, but I liked the old times when it was possible to tell the current Ethernet link speed by the state of the LEDs on the Ethernet port, rather than having to browse through router GUIs or operating system menus to get this information, which seems to have become the norm nowadays. So, in this particular case I would actually be more happy with the older product. smiley  (of course provided that the card is still in brand new condition)

But in the end it's up to you what you do.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 543

Replies: 1

Related Articles