Problem connecting to the internet with Archer T2U Nano

2024-02-11 12:08:20
Model: Archer T2U Nano  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: Latest

I bought this yesterday for my desktop Running windows 11 and it genuinely refuses to connect to the my wifi when i first plugged it in it let me at least connect it to the internet for a shortwhile but after a few miniutes it just doesn't even let me connect to the internet anymore repeating the same "can't connect to this network" i decided to plug it into another desktop and it worked immediately with no issues im guessing it's not hardware so there's something on my windows install that's not letting it work? genuinely super confused on what could be the problem causing this. Also for some reason it shows up as wifi 2? when i've never had another adapter ever super weird. things i've tried are:

1.Changing USB-Ports

2.Updating,Uninstalling,reinstalling drivers

3.Community Drivers

4.Restarting Network settings in windows

Help would very much be appreciated im willing to troubleshoot this thing a little longer or im just gonna get a refund.

Options
5 Reply
Re:Problem connecting to the internet with Archer T2U Nano
2024-02-11 18:26:06

@Kentobuh 

Hi,

How did you uninstall the drivers? Via the Apps and Features menu or via the Device Manager?

If you haven't done so already open the Device Manager and uninstall the TP-Link adapter from there. Also make sure you tick the box for "Delete the driver software ...". Then click the "Scan for hardware changes" button and the TP-Link adapter should reappear. Do that again until you have reverted to the driver version that shows "Microsoft" as the Driver Provider.

You might also want to select "Show hidden devices" from the menu and see if remnants of a second wireless adapter show up (icons in light blue color). If so, then delete that as well.

Then restart Windows and check if anything changed. If the T2U still won't connect, then I don't know how to solve this either.

Options
2024-02-11 22:52:17

@woozle Thanks for the reply! Sadly I had alerady tried doing this and i've frankly just given up already and am goint to just gonna get a refund. I'm assuming that i've just messed up my windows install somehow to the point where the device drivers are absolutely borked haha

Options
2024-05-07 06:18:54

@Kentobuh  How do I update the drivers in my  Laptop? 
I have go the CD with the product, but I am not able to run it because I have a laptop. On searching the internet, I have got the installation guide in the website. 

The driver is now not able to detect both the internet and the bluetooth. 

Options
2024-05-07 19:39:12

@Kentobuh I have been trying to run this the whole day, it used to work fine after plug and play , why the hell is it not running now??????????????? What am  paying the hell for huh? It comes with a 3 year warranty and it's not running for 3 months. hell chinese

Options
2 weeks ago

@Kentobuh Facing the same problem unable to see any networks. downloaded the drivers from the git and installed them. I am using ubuntu but I can see people with windows are facing the same issue. is the device faulty?

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 2980

Replies: 5

Related Articles