Tether App (impossible to change username and password)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-02-24 20:40:07 - last edited 2024-02-25 17:27:13
Tags: #RE190

Hello i had a problem with my wi-fi extender RE190 AC750, after hard reset it because due of bugs i went on the Tether app to configure it but when i'm doing the configuration says after "impossible to change username and password." and after so many searching i don't find any website for reset the admin password, someone can help me please ?
Thank you!

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Tether App (impossible to change username and password)-Solution
2024-02-25 14:44:10 - last edited 2024-02-25 17:27:13

@Jonatas_Pereira 

While I cannot see it clearly it feels like the password you typed is very long.

For a start can you please try a really simple one with no special characters? I would start with something like 12345678 and in case that works try to make it longer and more sophisticated step by step. You can modify the password afterwards from the "System" menu of the Tether app.

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Tether App (impossible to change username and password)
2024-02-24 22:49:00

@Jonatas_Pereira 

Hi,

Would it be possible for you to post a screenshot here that shows the error message?

The RE190 should not have any username, only a password. And this password is also reset when you perform a hard reset by pressing the "Reset" button inside the small hole.

Options
2024-02-25 11:03:52

@woozle                         Sorry for the bad quality caméra it is the only way i found to send you the error message tel me if you                                                                                                                          cannot read the picture

Options
Re:Tether App (impossible to change username and password)-Solution
2024-02-25 14:44:10 - last edited 2024-02-25 17:27:13

@Jonatas_Pereira 

While I cannot see it clearly it feels like the password you typed is very long.

For a start can you please try a really simple one with no special characters? I would start with something like 12345678 and in case that works try to make it longer and more sophisticated step by step. You can modify the password afterwards from the "System" menu of the Tether app.

Recommended Solution
Options
2024-02-25 17:26:55

@woozle thank you! it finally worked after so many passwords thanks for your technique!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 587

Replies: 4

Tags

RE190
Related Articles