Connect wifi extender to router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-03-04 21:38:28 - last edited 2024-03-05 00:45:23
Model: Archer AX55  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Bought a router and thought it was capable of repeating wifi.

Realised that no it doesn't and can't use it now...

The only way is to connect it to the main router with ethernet cable but what if I buy a wifi repeater that has a ethernet port and plug the tplink router to the wifi repeater. Would it work ?

Because I am really interested in the router performance (3gb/sec) and the affordable repeaters don't.

Thank you if you know anything or if you already do that.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Connect wifi extender to router-Solution
2024-03-05 00:40:58 - last edited 2024-03-05 00:50:52

@Noahshaiz 

It should work, but I would recommend to use it in AP mode (Case 1) to avoid a double NAt in your network.

For the same purpose you could use a PLC device instead - details.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Connect wifi extender to router-Solution
2024-03-05 00:40:58 - last edited 2024-03-05 00:50:52

@Noahshaiz 

It should work, but I would recommend to use it in AP mode (Case 1) to avoid a double NAt in your network.

For the same purpose you could use a PLC device instead - details.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options