issues with parental control

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2024-03-09 17:12:25
Model: Deco X50  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1

hi 

I am having two problems with parental control:

1. kid is hard wired to x50 -> bed time, etc does not stop traffic e.g when set to 22.00 to 07.00

2. new iOS everytime you connect or go in airplane mode and back iphone assigns a new MAC address so device shows up as new device. So kid has found out of this and then he just flicks it for one second and is back online and not assigned to a profile and then no parental control.

Any suggestions how to fix this? Would be amazing for number 2 if a new device joins network it is assigned a default profile. 

Thank You,

Staale

Options
1 Reply
Re:issues with parental control
2024-03-11 06:40:25

@staale12345 

Hi, Thank you very much for your feedback.

Deco X50_V1.2 with the latest firmware 1.2.0 Build 20231229 supports Wi-Fi Access Control(Whitelist). I think you could update the firmware to 1.2.0 first, then enable the Wi-Fi Access Control-Allow list so that the unknown MAC address is unable to connect to Deco.

As for issue 1, I haven't tested the bedtime with wired devices before but I think it should work as expected.

Are you able to constantly reproduce this issue?

If you try to "block" this wired device, will it stop the internet connection?

Please also check whether its Mac address is also changed like issue 2.

Best regards.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 146

Replies: 1

Related Articles